Friday, October 10, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch!!!

If you're looking for a great place to go, then Bauman Farms in Gervais, Oregon is your place. This farm has a petting zoo, a couple of hay mazes, a giant jumping "pillow", Corn and Seed "sand box", huge slides, zip lines, fresh pressed apple cider, cider donuts, a great flower and produce market, a pumpkin patch and a corn maze. (I'm sure there's more, that was off the top of my head)
Wyatt woke up last Saturday morning on the wrong side of the bed. I think he fell off the wrong side of the bed, because he was in a terrible mood. It made it very hard to get out of the house in a timely manner to meet every one on time. It's about an hour drive for us to get to the pumpkin patch, but it's worth it.
So we were about an hour late, which threw our day off a bit. But as soon as we got there, Wyatt shaped up and had a blast. We started out in the petting zoo and then moved inside to play in the corn and seed "sandbox". Ryan made a beeline to the cider and dounuts. The kiddos always have such a good time in the corn. While we were in that certian barn it started pouring down rain. We took the kids down a giant slide, and oh my goodness. Do you think Wyatt was scared to go by himself? Look at those eyes!! As soon as he got to the bottom and everyone clapped for him, he was all smiles. He loves that attention.
We made it over to the giant jumping pillow right as the sky let loose and poured down rain. This was so much fun, and we just played in there and waited out the rain. The sun soon came out and we went on with our day. We had lunch and Wyatt was tuckered. We still hadn't made it down to the pumpkin patch yet. Oh my goodness, he was trying so hard to stay awake to go get a pumpkin. Poor baby, he just laid his head down and fell asleep...he was talking in his sleep though saying "go get a pumpkin".
Knowing that we couldn't go get pumpkins while he was asleep, Ryan and I decided to take him to the little pumpkin patch in town where we live sometime that weekend.
Well, he woke himself up when my mom went to put him in his carseat and pitched a royal fit wanting to go get a pumpkin. So, back to the pumpkin patch we went. He wasn't in the ideal mood for taking pictures or picking out pumpkins. But, he picked out a cute little pumpkin and the day was complete.
Despite the turbulence in Wyatt's mood and the weather it was a fantastic day of fun with a huge chunk of the family!
I picked 20 of my favorite pictures, out of over 300. I also added a slide show on the right hand side with more fun pictures of our day.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I wasn't able to read the whole thing because I'm SO SAD we can't go this year. It's obviously a much longer drive for us :) and we had to decide if we really wanted to drive with 4 kids all the way over or have Mike's parents come here to build the porch. We chose the porch as you know but it still makes me sad we don't get to go to the pumpkin patch. There's nothing NOTHING around here like that. :(
Okay I'll go back and read the rest through my tears...

Emily said...

Awe, Kelly...I'm sorry.

MyOhMy said...

W is so cute - I love the mid-air jumping pic... hind-view in the patch and what is up with his head in the corn... that's funny! He reminds me of my son when he was little-er :)

lynn said...

okay, i clicked on an add!!! where's the contests????