Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Rambling Mess!

This is jut going to be an update post.
On Friday we got a call from our realtor that an offer was coming in on our house. So Saturday morning we went to the his office to review it. It was a very strong offer, a lady coming in with all cash. In this economy to not have to deal with financing is wonderful. Banks are being extra cautions and alot of deals have reportedly been falling through last minute due to not getting funded. So, we agreed to all of her terms and went home to wrap our minds around moving to "the little house". We were discussing all of the things that we were going to need to do to move from a 1900+ sq ft house to a 720 sq ft house. And our bottom line, DOWNSIZE! We were really thankful for this offer but really sad at the prospect of leaving our home. It was what we thought we have been praying for and by Sunday morning, we were both feeling really good about it. Wyatt is sick with a cold and so that meant that he really shouldn't go to church and be around other kids. So Sunday morning Ryan went to church and I stayed home with Wyatt. He called me shortly after he had left and said, "I'm going to ruin your whole day". (my thought was, oh no, he got into an accident) He proceeded to tell me that our realtor called and said that the lady rescinded her offer. She didn't give a reason that made sense to us. It was just really weird. We had agreed to everything she offered us, so she didn't have any reason to walk from the offer. This really seemed like a done deal to us. And then almost as fast as it happened it was taken away. So now we are praying about what our next move will be. We have both houses up for sale and up for rent. We are trying to decide if we should just move to the little house anyway, because our house is the one that is getting all the interest as of now. I just have to believe that there is work going on behind the scenes that we just really can't see.
So, that's what's going on with the houses.

Wyatt has been sick with a cold since Saturday. He has been crabby and not sleeping well and waking up WAY too early. This morning he woke up at 6am (normal is 8am) and came into my bedroom crying for water. So, I got up and took him up for some water. A little while later he was playing in the dining room, hadn't been crying at all, but came over to me with tears flooding his eyes. He looked at me and said, "mama my ear hurts". I know my son, and that is not normal. He is usually very tolerant to pain. Yeah, he's whiny when he's sick, but doesn't complain about certain things hurting, EVER. So, I knew that it was probably an ear infection. I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened and made an appointment for this morning. Sure enough, Dr. Emily was right he has an ear infection in his right ear. Dr. Mary told me that he didn't necessarily need antibiotics for an ear infection and that I could watch him for a couple days and see if it will clear up on its own. But then in the next breath she told me that the type of ear infection that he has is blistery and can be VERY painful. And then in the NEXT breath she told me that it can also cause his ear drum to burst, but not cause permanant damage. Basically she left it up to me to make the decision, to give antibiotics or not. I called Ryan on the way home and explained everything that she said, and we decided to go ahead and give him the antibiotics. I mean, this child has never been on antibiotics before so it's not like he's going to develop any immunity from it by this one round.
Anyway, we've never been through this, it's new territory for us.
I'm ready for him to be feeling better, he's really whiny and clingy and NOT SLEEPING!
This has really been going around though. Here, here, here & here and more that haven't blogged about it. Nasty stuff.

Anyway, a realtor called and wants to show our messy house at 9:30 tomorrow morning (Jackie, that's who beeped through when I was talking to you). This means that I need to peel Wyatt off of me long enough to get a good start to cleaning the house.

Better get to it!!!

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, sounds like a lot is happening. I am so sorry to hear about your son, Emma hasn't had an ear infection yet, but I'm waiting for that morning to come. :(
Do you have a link to your 1900 sq ft. house? My husband and I are pretty sure we're staying where we are, but we're open to any new places. We're in a rent to own right now.

Mrs. Silva said...

OH, I am so sorry for poor Wyatt. Ear infections are not fun...

Yankee Wife said...

Oh Em! This week just gets better, huh?! Maybe both boys could be on antibiotics and then we could finally get together : )
It's exciting about your house getting so much traffic . . . just lousy timing. Call me if you need to talk! ♥

April said...

Aww Em!! I hope little man gets better soon, and that the houses sell, or at least rent! We have been there and done that with the house stuff - so.not.fun! If all else fails, call Kerr Properties - they rented our house in 4 weeks.

Dana said...

Aw man Em! So sorry about your house offer and Wyatt being sick. Hopefully there will be another offer soon. Ear infections stink. Austin has pretty much had them every couple weeks since September...and they are always in both ears. Its no fun to deal with. Hope he starts feeling better soon.

rae ann said...

this is going to sound a little crazy, but i swear it works! get this mullein/ garlic oil and put a couple of drops in each ear every couple hours until the infection clears. then you can do it 2-3 times a day as a preventative measure until you know W is in the clear. my clever group of hippy mamas swear by it and i've had to use the concoction a few times on my own girls. it'll save you from having to use the antibiotics and it will bring him instant comfort. we get ours from new seasons market or fred meyer (in the health food department). i hope he feels better soon- poor little man!