Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Copy of a Copy

I've been thinking about movie "Multiplicity" ever since I decided to do this little home project, which was a copy of this one.
I don't know why it's been in my head so much, I've just been thinking of that part in the movie. If you've seen it, you know the part where Michael Keaton says something like, "What's wrong with him?" and one of the other clones says something about it being a copy of a copy not as sharp as the first one.
Well, dang it all, I couldn't find that clip. But I did find a good clip with the "copy of a copy" in it. Just look for the crazy one if you haven't seen the movie.
Oh my goodness, I have to watch this movie again. I own it. Hilarious.



...Anyhoo

Back to the project at hand...

So, I am hosting a baby shower this Saturday for my good friend Jackie. There is nothing like having a party at your house for people who have never been here, to kick you in the butt and get you into gear. Whew! There is alot I'd like to do, but one of the big things, is that my walls are painfully bare. Aside from the picture my Grandma gave me that has adorned each of my houses...well...let me just go take a picture of it... Ok I'm back. So this picture hung in my Grandma and Grandpa's house for as long as I can remember. And when I was little I would sit on her lap and she would rock me and tell me stories about the cowboy and the lady. I've always loved this picture. It's very special. She knew just how special it is to me, so when we bought our first house, this was the housewarming present.
This house is different from the other houses we've lived in. All of the pictures that I have, somehow just don't work on my walls. I knew one thing. Grandma's picture went up first.
Aside from that, the great room's poor walls have been bare. I've had ideas, but haven't landed on anything of substance. Until now.
So, Ryan still has to do his technical part, you know, hanging them. But other than that, they're ready to go.
So, I give you....
the before picture. Oh and please don't mind the antenna poking into the picture. I can't help that one bit. We're not getting satellite/cable anytime soon, so even though it's an awful eyesore...There is just not a thing I can do about it.

Hopefully I'll post the after pictures later tonight.

Next on my list... paint the hallway/entryway.

No comments: