Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We Don't Rough It Any More!!!

We headed off to the Bend area with the trailer this weekend. We did one of those membership presentations, and got 2 nights free and a $50 gas card at the Bend/Sunriver Thousand Trails.
The whole reason for going this particular weekend was because Ryan's work sponsored 2 teams in the Pole, Pedal, Paddle relay race. He was actually on the Boise team and they came in 9th out of 52. Not too shabby considering the Portland team came in 27th.
They did a redneck theme, he said that some of the people in their team went to the extreme, he just wore an old straw cowboy hat, a "wife beater", and flip flops with black socks. Some of you might remember my old friend Ryan Rudge. He apparently did the redneck theme and was unrecognizable. I didn't recognize him, but was able to get a shot of him on the river based on my hubby's vivid description of his costume.
It was a very hot day. I've tried to figure out online just how hot...but put it this way...the temp in the car said 95 at noon. It only got hotter from there.
We found some reprieve from the heat when we got back to the campground. We have A/C in the trailer and they had a wonderful pool that we got to enjoy.
Wyatt especially loved swimming.
In fact, when I told him that we were going to go camping he looked at me and said, "Go Swim? Have a Campfire?"
I hate to tell him that once we get done with our tours of these fancy pants membership clubs...we're back to the non-pool boring old State Parks.
Oh well...there will always be the campfire.
Speaking of, we did end up having one on the last night. We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows. I just love camping. Even though the definition for 'camping' has changed for me over the last year, I have always loved to camp.


























All Boy...Using his new Crocs as a shovel!!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! Thankfully your trailer has A/C! Its so much better then tent camping!