Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Omsi, Yardwork, Birthday Festivities and a Kitchen Remodel

On Friday, my friend Savannah treated Wyatt and I to a day at Omsi. Her hubby, Marcus, won tickets by predicting the first snow of the season. We had a fun time, they have a great indoor playground with a huge "sandbox", a water activity table, an area where you can pretend to be squirrels and eagles....the list goes on. Aside from the indoor playground, they also have much more. Omsi is actually very amazing. If you've never been, it's highly recommended. It is quite an investment if you have a family, but it doesn't dissapoint.
When we left, I felt as if I could sleep for weeks though. Chasing Wyatt around a place like that is quite the job. Savannah said the last time she was there she had 4 kids under the age of 5. (then I died of exhaustion just thinking about that).
Well, we got home, I caught my breath, we had dinner and then took Wyatt to the gym for family swim time. We realized that Wyatt needs to develop some respect for the water. It was actually a little scary seeing him just jump in with no reservations or fear. Ryan's family used to have a gym membership and they would go swimming when he was a kid. So, in following his families tradition, he had to have Dairy Queen afterwards.
Saturday morning started bright and early. Wyatt woke up early and came to bed with us. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep. So, I got up at about 7am and tackled the huge job of getting the yard ready to plant new flowers, summer bulbs, and a veggie garden.
So, from 7am to about 12:30 I was doing yardwork. I had no intentions on working out there that long, but wow, I got alot accomplished! I still need a "planting" day, but everything is prepped. This made me thankful for our postage stamp lot. Its enough work in and of itself.
So, then we took the trailer back to my mom and dad's house, went back home and decided that we didn't want spaghetti for the millionth time in a row. So, we took off again, dropped Wyatt off at Babu and Papa's house and had burgers at the old Mickey Finn's (not as good as Mickey Finn's).
Sunday, we had church and then went over to Grammy's for lunch to celebrate Babu's birthday.
(are you sleeping yet? I'm getting bored just listing this all out, but I'm going to press on)
And after evening church services we went out to dinner at The RAM with everyone.
So....
Monday, we got up and enjoyed our morning. Ryan made breakfast and we relaxed.
After Wyatt's nap, we went over to Babu and Papa's house, they were knee deep already in unpacking their entire kitchen. This kitchen has never been unpacked in it's entirety. I mean never...They moved in the year I was born (1979). It was quite a job.
I'm so excited for them though. They are getting their cabinets re-faced this week, new countertops, new paint, new appliances, a totally new kitchen. I wish I would have taken a before picture, because the transformation is going to be incredible.
Well...that about does it for our weekend...
Hey!!
Wake up!!!
Stop sleeping in the middle of my speech!!! (Foster Farms Commercial)

Yesterday was my dad's birthday, and a party at our house. That is a post for another day though!

Hope you are all having a great week.
Please comment...it's my dessert for writing these little entries.
Ya, I'm not above begging.

Also, check out Pioneer Woman's blog...she's giving away 2 Zune's. (entries must be received by 7pm PST 5.28.08)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Wow sounds like you had a very busy weekend! At least you got a good start on your flower bed and garden! When I plan to do just a little work it also turns into an all day activity! Can't wait to see photos when you are finished with it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! What a fun and busy weekend. I'm ready for a nap just reading about your busyness, LOL!!! I'm thinking Luke would have a blast at OMSI, but on second thought, maybe daddy should do the chasing. My baby is 18 months today (sniff, sniff) but he's so much fun :) Hope you're having a great week.
Tell Wyatt that "Ackie" say's hi!