Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Ok...I know that a lot of you have already bought The Pioneer Woman's cookbook...and if you haven't yet... come on, everybody's doin it!!
Well, anyway, she has a super simple pizza dough recipe in it. And since I got the book, I'm pretty sure I've made her pizza dough 4 times.
On Sunday's, we rotate houses with family, and instead of going out to eat after evening church service, we trade weeks to host dinner at our houses.
Well last weekend was our turn, and I made pizza.
I made BBQ chicken pizza and Hawaiian for the kiddos.
We loved the BBQ chicken pizza so much that I made it again for dinner last night.
The beauty of pizza is that once you get the hang of making the crust, the sky's the limit as far as toppings go.
Well, with PW's pizza crust, I just use my Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook, follow the directions and in about 5 min, I have a beautiful pizza dough to set aside to rise. No kneading needed.

Another trick that I have to staying out of a culinary rut is that I have a couple of magazine subscriptions.
A couple of months ago my FoodNetwork magazine had 50 different pizza variations, and this BBQ chicken pizza looked delicious to me.

Here is a list of ingredients:
-Cooked Chicken mixed with 1/4 c. bbq sauce (I didn't measure, I just got it to a point where all of the shredded chicken was coated and called it good)
(I also put a very thin coat of bbq sauce over the pizza dough before adding all of the toppings)
-Scallions
-Pickled Jalapenos (this would be so yummy without the peppers, but Ryan & I love the spice!)
-1 c. shredded cheddar
bake at 500 degrees until golden. 15 min (PW says 8-10 min but it would depend on how thick you spread your dough...so just watch it till it looks done) I also like a thick crust so I didn't divide the dough like she says to do.


While it's really nice to have company over...the nice thing about keeping it all to ourselves...

...we're having it for dinner again tonight!!!!

Yeah!

No comments: