Monday, December 22, 2008

What do you have for lunch?

A few days ago, I couldn't help but take a picture of this lovely little sammy. I have been really trying to make myself lunch lately instead of snacking through lunch and being famished for dinner. Making myself lunch is better for everyone involved since I tend to get snarly if I haven't eaten in awhile.
This little creation is made with Bob's Red Mill's Whole Wheat Potato Flax bread, rotisserie chicken lunch meat, olive oil mayonnaise (my new favorite, it has half the fat of regular but the same consistency of the regular fattening stuff), stone ground mustard, colby cheese, and a buttload (technical measurement) of pepperoncinis.
I throw all of this in a pan with a layer of olive oil, heat it all the way through and melt the cheese.

Delicious!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, this looks so good. I'm a lunchtime snacker, too. I hate taking the time to make something for just me. This sandwich, however, might change my mind.

Kelly said...

That looks DELICIOUS Em! I'm going to try it as soon as I go back to the grocery store AFTER Christmas!